Flowers In The Dirt (Archive Collection)
- My Brave Face - Remastered 2017
- Rough Ride - Remastered 2017
- You Want Her Too - Remastered 2017
- Distractions - Remastered 2017
- We Got Married - Remastered 2017
- Put It There - Remastered 2017
- Figure Of Eight - Remastered 2017
- This One - Remastered 2017
- Don't Be Careless Love - Remastered 2017
- That Day Is Done - Remastered 2017
- How Many People - Remastered 2017
- Motor Of Love - Remastered 2017
- Où Est Le Soleil? - Remastered 2017
- The Lovers That Never Were - Original Demo
- Tommy's Coming Home - Original Demo
- Twenty Fine Fingers - Original Demo
- So Like Candy - Original Demo
- You Want Her Too - Original Demo
- That Day Is Done - Original Demo
- Don't Careless Love - Original Demo
- My Brave Face - Original Demo
- Playboy To A Man - Original Demo
- The Lovers That Never Were - 1988 Demo
- Tommy's Coming Home - 1988 Demo
- Twenty Fine Fingers - 1988 Demo
- So Like Candy - 1988 Demo
- You Want Her Too - 1988 Demo
- That Day Is Done - 1988 Demo
- Don't Be Careless Love - 1988 Demo
- My Brave Face - 1988 Demo
- Playboy To A Man - 1988 Demo
One of the most critically acclaimed albums of the eighties, nominated for both BRIT and Grammy Awards, Flowers In The Dirt saw Paul team up with Elvis Costello to co-write a third of the album ('My Brave Face', 'You Want Her Too', 'Don’t Be Careless Love' and 'That Day is Done') as well as boasting production credits from producers such as Mitchell Froom, Trevor Horn, David Foster, Steve Lipson, Elvis Costello and Paul himself. Pink Floyd guitar legend David Gilmour makes an appearance on 'We Got Married' and George Martin’s string arrangement on 'Put It There' is amongst the many album highlights.
The original 13-track album was remastered for all the new configurations at Abbey Road Studios. The Deluxe Edition contains 18 bonus audio tracks across two discs, featuring previously unreleased demos, written and performed by Paul with Elvis Costello. Speaking about these tracks Paul said: “The demos are red hot off the skillet and that’s why we wanted to include them on this boxed set. What’s great about these songs is that they’ve just been written. So there’s nothing more hot off the skillet as I say. So that was the kind of great instant thing about them. I hadn’t listened to them in ages but when I did I knew we had to put them out. We made a little tape of them and sent them to Elvis, who loved them too. We said we should put out an EP or something and now the moment’s finally arrived.”
The Deluxe Edition also includes, as digital downloads only, three unheard cassette demos, 'I Don’t Want To Confess', 'Shallow Grave' and 'Mistress And Maid' as well as a collection of original B-sides, remixes and single edits.
The DVD that comes with the Deluxe Edition includes all the music videos from the album, three new short films with unseen archive material that show some of the creation process of the album and the documentary 'Put It There' originally released on VHS in 1989 – a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Flowers In The Dirt as well as featuring live performances from his 1989 World Tour.
The 2 CD Special Edition includes the remastered version of the album on the first disc. The second disc includes Paul and Elvis’s previously unreleased original demos.
The 2 LP Edition also comes with a digital download version. The first LP includes the remastered album but in keeping with the original vinyl release doesn’t include 'Où Est Le Soleil?' (this track will be available with the accompanying digital download). The second LP includes Paul and Elvis’s previously unreleased original demos.
I had said to Elvis that I kind of missed the way John and I used to write, which was sitting across from each other, with an acoustic guitar each. And I’d explain to him that the fun thing for me was, with John being right-handed and me being left-handed it kind of looked like it was in a mirror. So I said we should do the same thing. He just came down to my studio in Sussex and we used that same process.Paul